REAL PEOPLE ROCK: the sarah ray in memphis edition.
This chica has proven that no matter where/when/how you start, you can go further than you ever thought you could! You just gotta start getting out there and going! Just this past February, she was struggling to finish a mile. And MONTHS later (MONTHS!), she rocked out her first 10K. It’s a practice sport, people, and Sarah Ray is living proof, that the sooner you just get out there and GO, there’s no telling where you’ll find yourself! Where do you want to be by the end of year? You could make a huge difference between now and then. In fact, you could make a huge different today.
Read Sarah Ray’s story for inspiration!
1. Where do you live? downtown memphis, tennessee! just moved back here two weeks ago.
2. What’s your favorite way to Move Your Booty? running, yoga, pilates, elliptical, swimming
3. What’s your greatest MYB accomplishment so far? in february of 2011 i couldn’t run even a half mile, but in april 2011 i finished a 10K in new orleans!
4. What’s your current MYB goal? to run the 2012 cherry blossom 10 miler with my lovely friends!!!
6. Whats the one piece of workout clothing, equipment or accessory you couldn’t live without? i am all about the spandex leggings. but my real obsession is with the metrics of working out, so i am crazy about my nike+ shoe insert so i know exactly how far/fast i’ve run
7. What motivates you? three things: 1. my incredible network of healthy, fit, and fabulous friends, 2. wanting to live long and be healthy - i’ve seen too many family members and friends get very sick too young and i started working out to get my own cholesterol in check, 3. i’m glad erica said it so i can second it - vanity!! i feel so much more confident if i’m in shape and at a healthy weight
8. If you could share one workout secret with the world, what would it be? keeping a calendar on your fridge, and holding yourself accountable to doing so many workouts per week. in training, i was aiming for 5/week, now i shoot for 3. logging a workout on that calendar feels great. also, in terms of being healthy, i am crazy about my calorie counter phone app!
*9. (extra credit): What’s your workout style? Aka SWEATstyle. i love bright colors for sports bras, V neck tshirts, and neon colored socks! as my friends know, i’m also a big fan of coordinating your workout gear :)
REAL PEOPLE ROCK is a series all about featuring hardworking, real life people like you and me who are out there every day giving life their best shot. And to me, that is inspiration at its finest.
Submit your answers & photo to be featured on MYB! email@example.com